|Size||1" x 3"|
|Material||Solid brass, electro-plated with non-tarnishing silver finish, giclee print.|
One of the oldest buildings in the District of Columbia, the Decatur House has stood diagonally across from the White House since 1818. Named after its first resident, Commodore Stephen Decatur, a succession of celebrated American figures occupied 748 Jackson Place throughout the 19th century. In 1956 it was given to the National Trust for Historic Preservation, and is now a museum and home to the National Center of White House History. The southern magnolia at its entrance is a familiar sight in the neighborhood.