|Size||1¼" x 4"|
|Material||Solid brass, electro-plated with non-tarnishing silver finish, giclee print.|
Multi-colored electric lights first replaced wax candles on a White House Christmas tree in 1895 during Grover Cleveland's administration. Though a Christmas staple today, such electrically lighted trees were a novelty at the time. The Cleveland family's Christmas tree is seen through the second floor window of the South Portico in this 2005 watercolor by Margaret Huddy.