|Size||3 1/2" wide|
Presidents and their families have enjoyed flowers grown in the White House Gardens for more than 200 years. In about 1818, President James Monroe hired the first White House gardener who planted rose gardens near the house. Gardeners continued planting various species of roses and flowers throughout the nineteenth and twentieth centuries. In 1961, President John F. Kennedy invited Rachel Lambert Mellon to re-design the Rose Garden where today roses and boxwood are joined by many flowering plants, including the dramatic crab apples that burst forth in the spring. Exclusive to the White House Historical Association, this classic 100% silk tie features a repeated rose illustration inspired by the White House Rose Gardens.