1) Why did the system reject my international credit card?
2) How do I return an item?
1) We apologize that your purchase may not be able to be processed. Due to tight restrictions on credit card and billing address verification for purchases using our website, and the fact that credit cards issued by various institutions outside the United States and Canada do not use the same verification process, we may not be able to process your online request.
If you would like there is an additional alternative for placing your order:
- You may call in the United States, telephone number 1-800-555-2451 to reach a White House Historical Association customer service representative. Please note this is not a toll-free number.
* NOTE: E-mail is a non-secure source of communication. The White House Historical Association strongly advises against sending credit card information in e-mails.
2) We try very hard to make sure all of our merchandise is in proper condition, and to the customer's complete satisfaction. For returns, please follow the instructions below:
- Merchandise must be returned within 30 days of receipt of your purchase through our online returns system, returns.whitehousehistory.org:
- The merchandise and its packaging must be in salable condition.
- Damaged merchandise can only be exchanged for a replacement.
- For Purchases of White House Christmas Ornaments:
- A re-stocking fee equal to 15% of the total dollar amount of any returned ornaments will be charged for purchases of 25 or more ornaments of the same year. The cost of return shipping will be at the customers expense.