- What information we collect from you
- How and why we collect information using technology
- Why and with whom we share information
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal Information You Provide
If you request information or submit an order, we request the following information as applicable (either through our Web Site or through other communications means):
- Your name
- Your billing information
- Your mailing address
- Your e-mail address
- Your phone number(s)
- Your donation information
- Your shipping information
- Your sizes for clothing and other personal items ordered
- Your company name (for business customers)
- Your job position (for business customers)
- Your EIN number (for wholesale customers)
- Your wholesale customer type (profit or non-profit)
- Your wholesale customer number of years in business
- Other personal information or unique preference information you choose to provide to us
Information Collected Using Technology
We want you to be aware that when you use our Web Site, information is automatically collected about you and your online activities. We use Google Analytics for this purpose. (See “Once Information Is Received, How Is It Used and Shared—Data Analytics.”) Cookies, web beacons, and tags placed on your computer when your web browser accesses our Web Site enable us to recognize you, record how you and other visitors use our Web Site, and track statistics about Web Site usage. Metadata generated about your online activities are stored and logged. The data collected using cookies and similar technologies include:
- Identification – date and time of each visit to our Website, history of visits, user name and password if you establish a Web Site account, and other personalized services including event registrations;
- Device – your IP address, internet domain name, browser type, operating system, mobile network, device telephone number, and ;
- Usage – referring site of application, text and video content viewed on our Web Site and time spent in viewing each file, , number and duration of visits and history of the Web Site pages viewed, and other internet activities; and
- Location – your general geographic location can be determined by your IP address and a more specific location is available if you access our Web Site using a mobile device unless blocked.
For information about how we use information collected using these technologies, see “Once Information Is Received, How Is It Used and Shared.”
Restricting the Use of Information Collected Using Technology
You can control how these technologies are used to track and log your online activities in several ways:
- Managing the preference settings on your browser and device;
- Communicating directly with Google as explained at: https://policies.google.com/privacy ;
- Purchasing a utility from an independent software provider that you install on your computer browsers to make website visits anonymous.
- Visiting www.aboutads.info/choices to learn more about personalized advertising and how to opt-out of personalized advertising on your web browser and mobile apps by companies participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance.
Information from Other Sources
We may obtain demographic information (age, sex, household income, employment) from marketing and data analytics resources. We also exchange and acquire name and street address only mailing lists from other organizations.
ONCE INFORMATION IS RECEIVED, HOW IS IT USED AND SHARED?
Use of Information
WHHA will use your information in various ways summarized below, subject to the following limitations:
- Any terms applicable to the services or actions you request;
- Your instructions to us that limit the use of your information; and
- The requirements of applicable law, including data protection laws governing the collection and use of personal information.
We use the information you provide us to perform the services for which such data was collected and to maintain and enhance the quality of the content of our Web Site and product offerings to meet the interests and needs of our Web Site visitors and customers. Accordingly, we may use your information for a number of purposes including but not limited to the following:
- Confirm, process and fulfill orders
- Process donations to WHHA
- Administer services, which means that we may contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you regarding a particular service).
- Contact you about a submission you have made to the Web Site, including any content you provide.
- Issue invoices, administer accounts, collect and process payments.
- Send you e-mails, e-newsletters, personalized offers or other communications about our products and services. For information about stopping these messages, see “Opt In / Opt Out Procedures.”
- Identify your usage of our Web Site, the number of visits (including via IP address logging) from different locations, and your online browsing.
- Block and control disruptive use.
- Analyze and improve the services we offer.
- Respond to a lawful government request to disclose specific information, respond to a court order, when required by law for other purposes, to enforce our Web Site policies, or to protect our or others' rights, property, or safety.
- Share information with companies assisting in fraud protection or investigation. We do not provide information to these companies for their marketing or commercial purposes.
- Undertake or prepare for a business transaction, such as a financing, reorganization, or business sale or transfer, where we have a legitimate interest in disclosing personal information, subject to appropriate confidentiality protections, to prospective transaction parties and their advisors; and retain a copy of the information following the transaction.
Sharing Information with Service Providers and with Other Third Parties
Service providers. The personal information you give us and information about you collected form our Web Site and other points of contact may be combined with other personal information available from our records and other sources. We share information with our service providers (including payment processors, donation processor, email servicing providers, e-commerce CMS service providers, customer data managers, e-mail marketing partners, vendor management partners, fundraising platform managers, web analytics partners, and search engine optimization and marketing partners) who perform administrative and technology functions on our behalf.
In some situations, the service provider needs your personal information in order to perform the service, such as processing a donation. In other situations, the service provider may have technical access to your information but does not use the information in order to perform the contract service, such as hosting an application or database or providing network infrastructure support.
Data Analytics. Google represents that it processes data for Web Site usage and other analytics purposes without revealing any personal information that identifies you individually. To learn more about how Google collects and processes data from websites for advertising and data analytics purposes, please visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites. To learn more about the controls Google offers to manage the collection and use of your personal information, please visit https://policies.google.com/privacy.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We retain personal information for as long as we reasonably require it for legal or business purposes. When we no longer have a legitimate business interest in keeping your personal information, we securely delete or destroy it. In determining data retention periods, WHHA takes into consideration applicable laws, contractual obligations, and what we reasonably believe are your expectations and requirements. For example, if you submit an order or information request, we will retain your contact and preference information and consider our relationship to remain active for marketing purposes after fulfilling any request you submit and until we take note that you no longer show interests in our products or services, which is generally two years after our last communication from you.
At any time, we will honor your request to unsubscribe from our email communications by clicking on the link at the end of each email message or by contacting us as provided in the section “How to Contact Us” below.
HOW DO WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under California’s "Shine the Light" law, California residents who provide personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us, once per calendar year, information about the customer information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g. requests made in 2018 will receive information regarding 2017 sharing activities). To obtain this information from us, please send an email message to email@example.com with "Request for California Privacy Information" on the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you at your e-mail address in response. Not all information sharing is covered by the "Shine the Light" requirements and only information on covered sharing (if any) will be included in our response.
Our Web Site does not respond to “do not track” requests.
OPT OUT PROCEDURES
You can opt out from receiving further email communciations from WHHA by:
(1) Following the "unsubscribe" instructions located near the bottom of each email;
(2) Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or
(3) Writing to us at 1610 H Street NW, Washington D.C., 20006.
INTERNATIONAL VISITORS AND CUSTOMERS
MAKING REQUESTS ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you contact us for any of the reasons listed below, we will make a prompt and reasonable effort to honor your request:
- To opt out of direct marketing communications;
- To find out what personal information we have about you or request a readable copy;
- To ask us to limit how we use your personal information;
- To ask us to correct personal information we have about you;
- To object to our further use of your personal information;
- To advise us about a complaint regarding how we handle your personal information; and
- To ask us to delete the personal information we have about you. If you wish to make a request regarding those matters, please contact us as described below.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions or requests, you can contact us:
- By email us at email@example.com
- By letter at 1610 H Street NW, Washington, D.C. 20006
- By phone at 202-218-4300
We may need to confirm your identity in order to respond to some requests.